What about me?
We're so distant now,
As I see all that’s changed,
All my thoughts and emotions,
Have now been forcedly rearranged.
I had really forgotten,
About the time we were apart,
That unforgiving period,
In which you gave back my heart.
You must have formed another life,
One where I just didn’t fit,
I’m like the wrong piece,
In a crafting kit.
I walk through this new place,
And I don’t recognize the sights,
Frightened by the new sounds,
Confused from all the lights.
My eyes peer weakly,
As I squint to find my way,
Your new life is exciting,
But mine is now astray.
You lead me to everything,
And ask if I like what I see,
As I smile sadly and whisper,
You forgot me.
As I see all that’s changed,
All my thoughts and emotions,
Have now been forcedly rearranged.
I had really forgotten,
About the time we were apart,
That unforgiving period,
In which you gave back my heart.
You must have formed another life,
One where I just didn’t fit,
I’m like the wrong piece,
In a crafting kit.
I walk through this new place,
And I don’t recognize the sights,
Frightened by the new sounds,
Confused from all the lights.
My eyes peer weakly,
As I squint to find my way,
Your new life is exciting,
But mine is now astray.
You lead me to everything,
And ask if I like what I see,
As I smile sadly and whisper,
You forgot me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home